Live Streaming and Video Call: Consent
During the period of home learning in relation to the COVID-19 virus, our teachers might wish to undertake live-streaming or video calls. This will enable pupils to benefit from a wider learning resource and support parents with their child’s learning. The school will ensure their duty of care and obligations in relation to child protection and statutory guidance continue as they would do if the lesson was taking place within the school setting. However, to ensure that all our pupils remain safe and benefit from this resource it is essential that pupils and parents are working together with the school and adhere to the teacher expectations in relation to pupil code of conduct.
Live streaming, video calls and pre-recorded lessons will only be conducted using the approved systems. Zoom has been selected due to many considerations, such as being able to use it securely through the school website, the safeguarding of personal data, privacy questions and policies and terms of service. If live lessons do occur, they must be carried out during the normal timetable; lessons will not take place outside of normal class hours and will be of a reasonable length of time.
Live streaming of lessons will only be for pupils on roll at the school and delivered by teachers working at the school. Lessons will be by invitation only and teachers will initiate and close lessons. Teachers will be identifiable, wearing their Trust lanyard.
Pupils will be invited to participate in a lesson by …..
Where there is non-compliance of the pupil to the teacher’s expectations, the teacher will deal with matters as if the lesson is taking place in the school setting and matters will be addressed in accordance with the school behaviour policy.
If there is an unauthorised person in the lesson, the teacher will discontinue the lesson. For safeguarding purposes the teacher will report such incidents to the Designated Safeguarding Lead.
Before a live streaming or video call can take place, it is important that there is an understanding from the pupil and their parents as to the expectations of the conduct for a virtual lesson.
Written consent must be obtained from the parent and the pupil (age appropriate). Consent must be explicit and not implied. A child at or over the age of 13 years must provide consent. Where consent is not provided the session must not take place for that pupil.
All concerns and complaints are taken very seriously and will be dealt with in line with the Trust Complaints Policy, where appropriate.
- I will ensure that my device is safe and avoids disruption to the lesson through unsolicited pop-ups and exposure of any personal data. All notifications on the device will be turned off.
- I will not use mobile phones or social media platforms during the lesson.
- I will not record any part of the live streaming lesson.
- I understand that the expectations of my conduct are the same as if the lesson was taking place in a school setting and I will act at all times in accordance with the teacher expectations during the lesson.
- I will ensure that my conduct is compliant to the teacher’s requests at all times and I understand that if I am non-compliant that I may be subject to sanctions as part of the school behaviour policy.
- I will be appropriately dressed.
- If my account is not working, for example, I have a problem accessing the school mail or I get locked out and no solution can be found, I will not contact the teacher directly, but will contact the school administration office or year group emails.
- I understand that if I feel unsafe at any time during the lesson, I must report this to the teacher immediately.
- I will ensure that the device that my child is using is safe and avoids disruption to the lesson through unsolicited pop-ups and exposure of any personal data. All notifications on the device will be turned off.
- I will ensure that there are no other persons other than my child in the session. I understand that I must not join the session, unless I have been requested to do so in advance of the meeting, by the person delivering the session.
- I will ensure that the environment that my child is having the lesson is safe and that there is no risk to my child.
- I will ensure that my child has no means of having a conversation with external persons, other than the teacher or other participants in the lesson.
- I will ensure that my child will not be able to have a telephone conversation with another person or have access to social media platforms during the lesson.
- I will ensure my child does not record any part of the lesson.
- I understand that the expectations on my child’s conduct are the same as if the lesson was taking place in a school setting and I will ensure that my child acts in accordance with the school behaviour policy and teacher expectations for the virtual lesson.
- Where there is a non-compliance or misconduct in a lesson by my child, I understand that my child may be subject to sanctions in accordance with the school behaviour policy.
- I will ensure that my child will be appropriately dressed.
- If I have concerns about any aspect of a lesson, I will contact the school directly to discuss it and not raise issues during the lessons itself.
Please read the following and select ‘I consent’ if you accept the stated parental responsibilities for your child when engaged in virtual communications and remote learning.
By selecting ‘I consent’ you are consenting to our schools using and recording the information supplied in this form. This will be held and processed in line with GDPR guidelines.
By selecting ‘I consent’ you accept the stated parental responsibilities for your child when engaged in virtual communications and remote learning.