Statutory Requirement – Publishing information on Special Educational Needs (SEN) and disability information IS a statutory requirement.
Academies, free schools and maintained schools must publish their Special educational needs (SEN) information report on their policy for pupils or students with SEN and how they put the policy into effect. This should be updated annually, or as soon as possible if there are any changes during the year.
The report must comply with:
- Section 69 of the Children and Families Act 2014 including:
- the arrangements for the admission of disabled pupils from being treated less favourably than other pupils
- the facilities you provide to help disabled pupils access the school
- the plan prepared by the owner under paragraph 3 of schedule 10 to the Equality Act 2010 (accessibility plan)
- regulation 51 and schedule 1 to the Special Educational Needs and Disability Regulations 2014, where appropriate
- section 6 of the Special educational needs and disability code of practice: 0 to 25 years
If you are an Academy you must also publish the following:
Accessibility plan for disabled pupils
You must publish your accessibility plan, which should include details of how you’re:
- increasing your disabled pupil’s ability to participate in your school’s curriculum improving the physical environment of your school so disabled pupils can take better advantage of the education, benefits, facilities and services you offer
- improving the availability of accessible information to your disabled pupils
The requirements specify that you can publish this plan as a freestanding document or part of another document (such as your school development plan).
It is recommended on this page to provide an overview of how SEN provision is implemented throughout your school at the top of the page. It is also statutory to publish the name of your SEN Co-ordinator and this page should hold that information.
You may also wish to publish all the report linked to the SEN information which could be displayed as per the table below:
You can find all details relating to how Robot Primary’s SEN provision by downloading the documents below:
|SEN Information Report||Download|
|SEND Local Offer||Download|